Thursday, February 11, 2016

Making old new again

My grandma handed so many special pieces down to me when we bought our house.  I love using them as display pieces but I also love using them as functional pieces.  Recently I realized just how many types of tea bags I had to offer guests but looking at the half empty boxes just wasn't cutting it.  So, I took to the cupboards in search of a fun and festive container for the teas.  When I came upon my grandma's trifle dish I couldn't resist. 


This old piece isn't one that I use all that often so repurposing it allowed for optimal tea selecting with a little flair!  Don't be afraid to use items in your home in ways that they aren't originally intended for...the function and conversation that it creates make your home just that...yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment