Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Book Club

I was lucky enough to join a book club back in 2009 and I so look forward to our meeting each month. We always met at the same friends house but in the last six months we've decided to switch things up a bit (aka give our friend a break from always having to host) and rotate houses and/or meet at delicious spots like Amelie's!!!!

This month I offered to host and my "book of choice" was just to simply finish the book on your nightstand. You know, the one that you keep meaning to read but just never quite get to. It was fun to hear what this free-read month meant for our different members. We have an eclectic group (empty nesters - new mamas - single ladies - and one friend that just returned from two years in Scotland where she wrote her first manuscript!) so the books that we discussed were quite different (All the Light was a common one - a sports writers biography - an interesting story from an NC author - etc). 


I have always enjoyed the different books these ladies challenge me to read but I also look forward to the food! In fact, we jokingly refer to it as food club from time to time. I made several things that were not compliant but just having company without the hassle of a babysitter made me happier than any scones or wine could have. Okay maybe not happier than a glass of wine...

Next month we don't have a specific book to read because it's our annual escape to the mountains instead!!! I am truly thankful for each of these women - they have taught me so many valuable lessons over the years - most importantly that you should never stop reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment