Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Favorite Whole30 Recipes




This post has been a long time coming.  I started my first round of whole30 in October of 2014 and found a lot of success in doing it.  I decided to start another round this past January and have made it over 70 days in a row now. My goal is 100 days!  I've been keeping a log of what I'm eating to not only hold me accountable but also to help me share the successful dishes that I've found with all of you! (I'm looking at YOU, Theresa and Mandi!)


So without further ado, here is my food log. 

BREAKFAST

My breakfast each day consists of scrambled or runny eggs, bacon/homemade sausage and at times fruit. I don't stray too much from this breakfast set up because I'm never all that hungry in the morning so the thought of cooking something complicated is a no go. I have also made this delicious sweet and savory blueberry tortilla on the weekend when I really just needed something different.

LUNCH

Prepare to be bored.  I eat leftovers.  Whole30 requires a lot of prep work and with Mister BG underfoot you better believe I'm not interested in a chaotic lunchtime prep.  Leftovers will do just fine, thankyouverymuch. Also, salad. I eat a lot of salads if I just can't take another day of leftovers. I'll post my favorite compliant balsamic dressing soon.

DINNER

Here's the meat of the post, if you will.  I'll try to link to as many recipes as I can or explain those that don't have them. I have 30 main dish ideas listed here in the order that I have enjoyed them for dinner. I tried to label any changes for compliancy issues next to the recipe (avocado oil for butter, etc.).

Burgers on the grill with carmalized onions with grilled zucchini and asparagus
Roast chicken (I use avocado oil versus butter) with roasted sweet potatoes and carrots
Aidells chicken sausages - roasted potatoes and broccoli
Taco salad with guacamole and salsa (I make my own taco seasoning - so simple to do!)
PW pot roast with carrots, potatoes and onions
Cuisine beef (from Costco) with roasted potatoes and green beans
Caramelized onion pork chops with roasted brussel sprouts and carrots
Grilled chicken with cauliflower rice (add a splash of fresh squeezed lemon) and broccoli
Apple bacon burgers with crash sweet potatoes and green beans
Pan fried pork chops (using s&p and avocado oil) with roasted broccoli and potatoes
Almond chicken strips (use coconut flour and almond meal) with cauliflower rice and green beans
Pork Loin with sautéed kale and roasted butternut squash
Lemon chicken legs with roasted vegetables
Salt and Vinegar Chicken (I use drums not wings) with roasted veggies
Shepard's pie with sweet potato topping
Meatballs (with marinara sauce from this Rachel Ray recipe) and zoodles
Carnitas (use avocado oil vs frying oil) with green beans and green beans and roasted potatoes
Bison burgers (just sub bison for beef!) with sweet potato fries and sautéed spinach
Grilled steaks (seasoned with only s&p) with asparagus and curly sweet potatoes
Stuffed peppers
Balsamic pork tenderloin with sautéed spinach and roasted carrots
Mocha-Rubbed pot roast with green beans and roasted sweet potato "chips"
Mini meatloaves (using this marinara sauce recipe) with brussel sprouts and green beans
Fish pouches with roasted potatoes
Chicken soup (using homemade stock makes a HUGE difference in a recipe like this!)
Trader Joe's curry simmer sauce with chicken over cauliflower rice with broccoli
Cottage pie (requires quite a bit of work but it's worth it!)
Lamb loin chops (using this marinade) with sautéed spinach and roasted potatoes
Bison sweet potato chili
Apple Dijon burgers with roasted vegetables (don't forget the egg on top!)

Annnnnnd that's a wrap on 30 days of whole meals! Please let me know if you have any questions or successes of your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment