Monday, June 22, 2015

Movie Mondays - Philomena

I've decided to resurrect this little idea of mine.  My mom has been here this past week and we've watched so many great movies once BG's down for the night.  I actually started a list of my favorites to share with you over the next few weeks.  I hope they bring you as much pleasure as they've brought our family!


I started hearing about Philomena before it was released.  I was raised on British television and movies so when the buzz of this film began I hoped it would be one that I enjoyed.


Philomena is based on the TRUE story of an Irish teen who is forced to let her son be adopted by the convent where she gave birth.  Decades later, a well known BBC reporter learns of her story and decides to help her find her son!

As a mother this movie really struck a chord with me.  Although a lot of sadness surrounds the story of Philomena, Judy Dench truly brings a lightness and (dare I say) comedy to the film! Although the story is not a perfectly happy one (how could it be with such a gut-wrenching premise?) it still manages to brings a sense of peace to all of the viewers following along.

No comments:

Post a Comment