Friday, November 29, 2013

Hashbrown Casserole

Yesterday we devoured our Thanksgiving  meal at a dear friends home...we've done this for the past five years and so look forward to it. Since we're usually in charge of simple things like rolls and a dessert it frees up time for making a delicious breakfast at home. This year I made homemade cinnamon rolls (with the leftover dough from our dinner rolls) and my very favorite hashbrown casserole. My mom modified this for us to make it meat free and boy am I glad that she did because its my favorite!  I've never made a larger version than the pie dish but I'm sure you could double it easily for a crowd!


Trinky's Hashbrown Casserole

3 cups hashbrowns
1/3 cup melted butter (I only use 3T)
1 cup ham (I use frozen black bean burgers that chopped up)
1 cup cheese
1/4 bell pepper chopped
1/4 onion chopped
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Heat your oven to 425 degrees.

Put the hashbrowns into a pie panand drizzle  with melted butter then pay into place. Bake for 25 minutes. 

Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees. 

Layer chopped ham, cheese, peppers and onions on top of the hashbrowns. Wisk the remaining ingredients together and pour on top.  Bake for 25 minutes. 

Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! This sounds good! And so do homemade cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete