Monday, September 30, 2013

Shrimp and Grits





The other day I had way too many grits leftover from our dinner on so I decided to repurpose them into good ol' fashioned shrimp and grits.  The grits recipe that I used was Creamy Cheddar Grits from The Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics cookbook and the shrimp recipe came from Bobby Flay.  We put BG down for the night first and then started to make dinner.  Both of us were quite pleased that it only took about 30 minutes, maybe even less, to complete the meal.  Once we sat down to actually eat it we were both more than ready for dinner, so the ooh's and aah's that Nate exclaimed initially didn't surprise me too much.  But then he said "I love these grits."  Now, I may not remember it perfectly as I was too busy picking my mouth up off the floor to get the direct quote.  My husband? Loves...grits??  And then just when I'd recovered from the shock he said "Does this have garlic in it already?"  Yes, sir.  "Hmm,  these are just delicious.  I think you could add even more garlic to them!"  And that's the day that my eyes bugged out of their sockets.
 
He loves grits.  
 
And wouldn't mind more garlic.

Good to know he's finally converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment