Tuesday, December 9, 2014

THE Cake



 
This year for BG's birthday I knew that I wanted to make a very special cake for him.  Last year he wouldn't touch his cake but this year I knew his sweet tooth would take over no matter what it looked like.  Nate and I talked about many many designs that we thought fit BG's likes these days and ultimately ended up choosing a construction site theme. 
 
 
I made a classic double layered chocolate cake because our boy loves him some chocolate! I carved out one side of it to create a ravine then frosted the whole cake.  After the frosting set I took the excess carved cake and pulsed it in the food processor to create "dirt" crumbs for the hill.  My mom found chocolate rocks at a grocery store in Cincinnati and they were the perfect addition to the cake. 
 
 
Just before the party Nate helped me place the construction site trucks perfectly around the cake and created the perfect little rock pile for the bulldozer to push.
 

2 comments: